Thursday, August 2, 2012

Maddigan's Fantasia - Post One

Having only started fifty pages ago, I already love Margaret Mahy's novel, "Maddigan's Fantasia." Set in a fascinating image of the future, the novel illustrates the story of Garland, the twelve-year-old tightrope walker of Maddigan's Fantasia Circus.  I can vaguely see a problem arising to create a plot and can't wait to see where the storyline leads.

This is the stage at which I can see a good opportunity to use a "Guided Reading" skill: Predicting. With the circus having just endured a vicious attack from their enemies, I can see potential for a huge conflict. Also, members of the circus at this stage in the novel are debating moving to a city which is quickly running out of the futuristic form of the energy that powers our societies today. This could cause another huge problem in the book and could create an exciting plotline.  The title, as far as I can see, has not helped my predicting a great deal, but the first couple of chapters definitely have.

I can't wait to keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment