Friday, August 3, 2012

Maddigan's Fantasia - Post Two

Admittedly, I have only read two chapters of "Maddigan's Fantasia" between my last post and today's, but those two chapters have been pivotal towards the enjoyment of my reading experience. The recently deceased Margaret Mahy, who is the author of this book, displays unforgettable talent in capturing the emotions of her characters in her words which I am sure were painstakingly chosen and shaped into captivating phrases and sentences. While grieving for her dead father, Garland meets two mysterious boys who claim that they are on a very interesting mission - one involving the use of a very interesting dimension! Garland struggles to trust the boys and their ridiculous-sounding stories, but the majority of the circus crew are happy to accept them as one of the boys is extremely talented in the art of magic.

So far, I have not experienced any difficulty while reading this piece of literature but am preparing myself for a thick plotline which may excersise my inferring, mental paraphrasing and synthesising skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment