Sunday, September 9, 2012

Freax and Rejex
I'm really not too sure if "Dancing Jax" and "Freax and Rejex" are Dystopian fiction, but several features of the text do suggest this. Dancing Jax, the first book in the thrilling trilogy, tells the story of a sinister children's book which has an odd power - it possesses almost anyone who reads it, diverting their minds to a different world where they become a different character.

I have just finished reading "Freax and Rejex" and I am yearning for more of Robin Jarvs' artistic works. "Freax and Rejex" tells the story of those who can resist the book, the "aberrants." Several miserable children are torn from their possessed families and thrown into a kind of concentration camp designed for the torture and exploitation of the aberrants. Told from an Omniscient, the reader is placed in the shoes of the main aberrants and experiences the aberrant camp with the characters.

At first I was a little bored by "Freax and Rejex," but with every turn of the page, grew to like it more. Horrific twists and surprises fill the middle and final pages, keeping the reader glued to the novel. Certain points brought tears to my eyes, others simply made me grimace in shock.

I would recommend "Freax and Rejex" to anyone of the ages of fourteen and up. I did enjoy this novel but stumbled on the occasional "mature" topic. Despite this, "Freax and Rejex" is an amazing sequel to "Dancing Jax" and I can't wait to finish the trilogy with "Fighting Pax" - coming out next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment