Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Deep - Post One
I have now begun reading "The Deep" by Helen Dunmore, the sequel to "Ingo," which I read a few years ago. Upon returning to the series I have had to refresh my memory but now can grasp the book's basic concepts.
The story follows Sapphire, whose dad has recently disappeared at sea. Sapphire is aware of her connection to the water and the land within - Ingo.
In this novel, Sapphire has recently moved house and is struggling to settle in while trying to control her "addiction" to Ingo. I am enjoying the first few pages but have not decided on my opinion of the language quality. Some seems quite well-written, some is a bit different from what I am used to. However, I am enjoying Ingo at the moment and can't wait to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment