Friday, September 14, 2012

The Supernaturalist
I have decided to complete my challenge of reading dystopian novels before I continue to read "The Deep," however I will undoubtedly be carrying on with it as soon as possible. In the meantime, I have just begun an extremely engrossing novel: "The Supernaturalist" by Eoin Colfer. Presenting the somewhat sad future scene of a city that is completely reliant on a single satellite, the first fifty pages of the novel have introduced me to Cosmo Hill, a fourteen-year old boy who, unlike most other residents of Satellite City, has no sponsor. Within satellite city, sponsorship is the only thing that allows one to trace their biological parents, thus the story initiates with Cosmo desperately hoping for an opportunity to escape from the walls of his cruel orphanage.

The problem in the plot is yet to unfold, however I am holding high hopes for an interesting read. The vocabulary involved is advanced yet understandable, although I am prepared for the book's high levels to decline as I have read so many books which follow this pattern. I am trying, however, to avoid holding prejudices which could affect my enjoyment of the novel as I continue to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment